It’s not difficult to find resources on writing novels. It’s not hard to find classes and books on novel writing. But it IS difficult to find a full, step-by-step novel writing system that will lead you all the way from idea to finished product. It's also hard to find a system priced right.
Most novel writing systems either give you only some of what is required to write a good novel, or they cost hundreds of dollars. Author Andrea Rains Waggener saw this void in the novel writing information arena and decided to put her knowledge to use. She wrote a set of e-books that lays out a complete, plan for writing a novel.
The Novel Writing Made Easy-How To Plan A Novel That Practically Writes Itself writing system is two e-books. One book is a 184-page information packed instruction manual for planning and starting your novel. The other book is 97-page taskbook that walks you through the actions you can do to practice what you learned from the manual. The Novel Writing Made Easy System is an organized, easy-to-follow system that will teach you how to turn an idea into a completed novel.
The Novel Writing Made Easy-How To Plan A Novel That Practically Writes Itself writing system covers these aspects of putting together a novel:
- Brainstorming your story’s action.
- Developing a plot.
- Creating subplots that will make your novel engaging.
- Developing the back story that make your characters every bit as real as you or me.
- Creating complete main character sketches and minor character sketches that give your characters vivid life.
- Creating a compelling overall novel setting that makes your book stand out
- Determining what research you need to do.
- Designing the scenes of your novel so the pacing is right.
- Writing in a way that evokes your reader's senses.
- Choosing the best words to so that your writing is polished and professional
- Creating a perfect balance of details, so that your reader always has a clear picture of your scenes.
- Writing a query letter for your novel.
- Writing a 15 to 25 page synopsis of your novel.
Although saying that your novel will write itself if you follow the steps in the e-books is a bit of a stretch, the process does make writing a novel easier. Andrea admits that her process isn’t as fast as some online novel writing e-book authors promise bu she says that her system will take you to a quality book.
The e-book set has only one minor drawback. It will be tough for you to know if you’re on track with the tasks you’re doing in the taskbook without getting feedback. Andrea, however, does have a coaching system that can help with that, and she provides information about it in the e-books.