Sunday, June 5, 2011

Improve Your Writing With a Writing Course

If you want to become better at writing you need to take a writing course. This is important if you're a beginner writer because a writing course will give you the tools to succeed in the writing world. When I wanted to become a writer it was a course that got me on the right track towards my writing dreams.

Long Ridge Writers Group

When I joined the Long Ridge Writers Group I didn't know what to expect.  I send in a sample of my writing that they requested and waited to hear back from them. When I got accepted by them I was happy and it started my journey all for under $1000.00CAD. I received several writing books from them including a book on grammar editing, a magazine market book, an Internet resources book among others. Each student has a real life author assigned to them and not just a writing teacher. Each teacher is an accomplished author with multiple writing credits to their name.

The course consisted of twelve assignments and plenty of work. I am currently on lesson eleven doing a revision on the assignment. Over the months of my course I have learned so much about the craft of writing. I have learned the hook, the anecdote, how to write a short-story, how to craft an article, and how to write a query letter. My instructor has given me helpful advice and shown me where my writing needs work. Each assignment is sent back edited by the instructor so you can see how changing a few words or a different title would work better. it's tough to see your writing covered in ink but you learn so much from the process.

I would recommend that all new writers take some type of writing course because you will see vast improvements in your writing whether you want to write online or a book. You will become a better writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment